So I am establishing my rules now, maybe when my husband and I talk on Wednesday we can discuss our rules. We'll see if he will be open to it.
1. I will speak gently and not raise my voice.
2. I will listen before talking. I will ask questions to reaffirm clarify his statements.
3. I will admit to my failings and responsibilities, but will not take blame for everything.
4. I will not use attacking phrases towards my husband.
5. I will walk away or stop my husband if he is emotionally abusing me.
6. I will not leave the talk with anger. (I did this before a LOT. Going to be anger was very common)
7. I will not mention divorce.
8. I will pray before and after our meetings.
9. I will take a break if the conversation gets too heated.
10. I will not say hurtful things to intentionally hurt him.
11. I will not leave a problem without a solution or direction to continue talking about it or agreeing to disagree about it.
Be quick to listen and slow to speak.... And being humble will remove many of those rules. There will be no thought of them. Allow Christ to mold you in these times.